GPS Screenprint Area - Covid-19 Practice
Work under the assumption that surfaces and people are carrying the virus - look after yourselves and work with others to keep a safe distance.
• Enter through GPS King Street entrance and wait at the top of stairs until a member of staff can take your temperature and sign you into workshop. If you have access requirements for lifts etc., please ask a member of staff
• Keep the 2m distance between people where possible
• Lifts and toilets have only one person using at a time
• Keeps left on the stairs
• Wear masks. You must wear a mask anytime you are moving through the building or workshop (unless you can’t for health reasons - please let me know) or are closer than 2m to anyone
• Choose a space in screen area to keep your belongings (lock valuables in kitchen lockers)
• Keep a 2m distance whilst having lunch/break
• Please note maximum of 6 members in kitchen area at any time
• Wipe down any surfaces/area touched
• No kettle or microwave, bring flask and lunch
• 2 people max in the clean room
• Wipe down surfaces with anti-bac wipes prior to use
• Wipe down drawer handles and steel rulers before and after use
• 3 members in this area at any one time
• Members responsibility to clean screen bed frames or fixings before and after use (please do not let water come into contact with vacuum bed holes) see a member of staff if required
• Maintain social distancing within the screen area and follow markings on floor
• Wash screens out on beds with bucket and own sponge to avoid back and forth to washout areaas much as possible
• Leave 30mins for tidy and wash down at the end of each booked session
• Please disinfect communal squeegees before and after use and wash hands.
• Wash squeegee at hand sink in main screenprint are or using bucket and own sponge at your bed.
• Light Box stations marked 2 and 3 for members use
• Please wipe down thoroughly before and after use and wash hands
• Members responsibility to disinfect the drying racks before and after and wash hands after use
• Please remove prints at the end of day to your members drawer or take away at end of each session, if still wet please arrange with a member of staff to collect from a collection point.
• Drying unit will be disinfected at the start of the day but recommended wipe down by each member after use
• Only 1 member in this area at any given time
• PLEASE disinfect the following before and after use:
• Power hose handle
• Garden hose handle
• Handles of chemical brushes
• Coating troughs
• Ear defenders
• Communal respirator no longer available, a contact link to purchase will be given out.
Screen Area, Drying Unit Washout Area and Photo Fabrication Room:
• only one person in this area at any given time to comply with social distancing
Members Tool Kit - Please Always Bring:
• Paint brushes - communal use brushes will no longer be available
• Craft Knife
• Masking tape
• Double sided tape
• Brown tape
• Containers for mixing new inks etc.
• Ruler (although steel rulers still available)
• Spatulas/mixing knives
• Any other artist items you may need to use on any booked session
Drying of Prints
Please take dry prints away with you at the end of the day. If not possible please arrange with member of staff to have them put into your drawer to be collected at a later date. If you don’t have a drawer please let member of staff know on the day which day you would like to collect. Prints will be put in safe collection zone.
Collection of Prints and Queries
Please do not come to GPS without an appointment at any time, even if it’s just to collect dried prints or get something from clean room. Numbers are strictly limited in the workshop space. We are still working out how phone queries and arranging collection times will work with reduced numbers of staff.
I will be in 2 days a week and will endeavour to reply to requests via email email@example.com within 48 hours. You can also phone 0141 559 6911 and if there is a staff member free, we will be able to answer your query and arrange collection times.
Please be aware you may not be able to collect your prints the next day. We will update everyone on this system in the following weeks as we improve it.
All the best,